Leading SAFe with Certified SAFe® Agilist
Includes Leading SAFe with Certified SAFe® Agilist Course
What will you receive:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- SAFe Agilist certification exam
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Agilist requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Agilist PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Thriving in the digital age with Business Agility
New to the Scaled Agile Framework®? Leading SAFe® offers you an introduction to the foundations of SAFe, and provides the principles and practices to drive your Lean-Agile transformation with confidence. The course also offers the guidance and tools you need to lead effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
Take a Leading SAFe course to discover how companies can build business agility, and how to make SAFe work inside your organization. You’ll learn how SAFe helps you improve quality, productivity, employee engagement, and time-to-market. You’ll come away with an understanding of how to align your entire organization around the same clear objectives, and how to improve the flow of value and work from strategy to delivery. You’ll learn what makes companies more customer-centric and how to run key SAFe alignment and planning events, like PI planning.
Leading SAFe® answers the questions:
- What is SAFe?
- What is business agility and how does SAFe support it?
- How does an organization get started Scaled Agile Framework® ?
- How to realize the benefits of SAFe, including:
- Boosting productivity.
- Improving product quality.
- Decreasing time to market.
- Increasing employee engagement.
- How to establish Team and Technical Agility and organize around the flow of value.
- How to align massive organizations around clear, common objectives.
- How to participate successfully in critical SAFe events, such as PI Planning.
- How to adopt a customer-centric mindset.
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Adapted for interactive remote learning with SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
Exam & Certification Details
Exam prerequisite skills
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe professional is to attend the Leading SAFe® course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – SA4 = 34 out of 45 (75%); SA5 = 35 out of 45 (77%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
Training Remotely | Guidelines for a Successful Experience
Congratulations on joining Agile Thinkers remote courses. We are committed to facilitating a pleasant and enriching experience for all our attendees.
That's is why it is critically important that we are clarifying how we're going to work together to be most effective. So, let's develop some working agreements and suggestions to encourage the type of team environment that we want to foster during our training sessions.
Before the training starts:
1. Inform your co-workers/colleagues what will be the time you're attending training, and you shouldn't' be interrupted;
2. Look for a comfortable and quiet place to set your training spot;
3. Reduce distractions, noises and background interference;
4. Test your internet signal and guarantee you have a good connection;
5. Please please take some time to explore the tools and how to login;
6. Visit the toilet 10m before the session starts;
7. Stay hydrated;
8. Bring a notebook and a pen with you;
9. Limit interruptions from family members;
10. Make sure you turn off Outlook, gmail, Slack, WhatsApp, Skype or other sources of interruption;
11. If you can, select flight mode on your phone;
12. Test your earphones.
1. While there are no questions, confirm you are mute;
2. Ask for help if you have any questions unmuting yourself or sending a message in chat;
3. Use Chat area to address the trainer some questions. As soon as possible, we will give feedback.
4. Respect the Time-boxes;
5. Be on time so you can deliver on time;
6. Don't accept calls while you're on training unless is extremely necessary and vital for you;
7. Please keep your camera on;
8. It's completely forbidden for students to record audio or video of any kind or take pictures from the sessions without written agreement;
9. For training. and quality assurance purpose of our staff, we can record video, audio and the chat of all sessions;
10. Have fun! Enjoy your course!
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.