DevSecOps Foundation (DSOF)℠
This course is included in the course portfolio of the World Agility Forum Conference.
Have the opportunity to take one of our courses and to have access to the World Agility Forum! Email us at [email protected] to secure your spot and find the conference agenda on our website.
Don't miss out this opportunity to elevate your agility and knowledge!
DevSecOps Foundation (DSOF)℠ course
What will you receive:
- High-quality training
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as DevSecOps Foundation (DSOF) certified. The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps including DevOps security strategies and business benefits.
As companies deploy code faster and more often than ever, new vulnerabilities are also accelerating. When the boss says, “Do more with less”, DevOps practices adds business and security value as an integral, strategic component. Delivering development, security, and operations at the speed of business should be an essential component for any modern enterprise.
Course topics covered include how DevSecOps provides business value, enhancing your business opportunities, and improving corporate value. The core DevSecOps principles taught can support an organizational transformation, increase productivity, reduce risk, and optimize resource usage.
This course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other approaches then delivers the education needed to apply changes to your organization. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, vocabulary and applications of DevSecOps. Most importantly, students learn how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the course’s end, participants will understand “security as code” to make security and compliance value consumable as a service.
No course would be complete without practical application and this course teaches the steps to integrate security programs from the developers and operators through the business C-level. Every stakeholder plays a part and the learning material highlights how professionals can use these tools as the primary means of protecting the organization and customer through multiple case studies, video presentations, discussion options, and exercise material to maximize learning value. These real-life scenarios create tangible takeaways participants can leverage upon their return to the home office.
This course positions learners to pass the DevSecOps Foundation exam.
The learning objectives include a practical understanding of:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps
- How DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches
- Business-driven security strategies and Best Practices
- Understanding and applying data and security sciences
- Integrating corporate stakeholders into DevSecOps Practices
- Enhancing communication between Dev, Sec, and Ops teams
- How DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization
The target audience for the DevSecOps Foundation course are professionals including:
- Anyone involved or interested in learning about DevSecOps strategies and automation
- Anyone involved in Continuous Delivery toolchain architectures
- Compliance Team
- Business managers
- Delivery Staff
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers
- IT Security Professionals, Practitioners, and Managers
- Maintenance and support staff
- Managed Service Providers
- Project & Product Managers
- Quality Assurance Teams
- Release Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Software Engineers
Participants should have baseline knowledge and understanding of common DevOps definitions and principles.
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.