Includes DevOps Foundation (DOFD)® Course
What will you receive:
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI.
Upon completion of this course you can get up to 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) in addition to 16 Project Management Institute PDUs by participating in our two-day course. Seats are limited. Register today!
Learn how can DevOps to support organizational efforts in reducing costs while increasing agility, quality and customer service. As DevOps adoption continues to grow and drive digital business success, organizations and their teams need to ensure they have the needed skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality software solutions quickly, exceed customer expectations and outpace competitors.
The DevOps Foundation certification validates a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology, concepts, and practices.
DevOps Foundation® is a freestanding certification from DevOps Institute. The purpose of the certification and its associated course is to impart, test and validate knowledge of DevOps basic vocabulary, principles and practices. The vocabulary terms, concepts and practices are documented in the course learner materials. DevOps Foundation is intended to provide individuals with an understanding of basic DevOps concepts and how DevOps may be used to improve communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations professionals.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
Eligibility for Examination
Although there are no formal prerequisites for the exam, DevOps Institute highly recommends the following to prepare candidates for the exam leading to DevOps Foundation certification:
It is recommended that candidates complete at least 16 contact hours (instruction and labs) as part of a formal, approved training course delivered by an accredited Education Partner of DevOps Institute.
The DevOps Foundation examination is accredited, managed and administered under the strict protocols and standards of DevOps Institute.
Level of Difficulty
The DevOps Foundation certification uses the Bloom Taxonomy of Educational Objectives in the construction of both the content and the examination.
The DevOps Foundation exam contains Bloom 1 questions that test learners’ knowledge of DevOps concepts and vocabulary terms
The exam also contains Bloom 2 questions that test learner’s comprehension of these concepts in context.
Format of the Examination
Candidates must achieve a passing score to gain the DevOps Foundation Certificate.
- 40 multiple choice questions
- Duration : 60 minutes
- Prerequisites: It is recommended that candidates complete the DevOps Foundation course from an accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner
- Supervised | No
- Open Book | Yes
- Passing Score | 65%
- Delivery | Web Based
- Badge | DevOps Foundation Certified
Participants will receive printed material on the first day of class. The material is in English. The material will be enhanced by more slides, videos and other pictures in case the trainer find this useful during class. The class is delivered using Scrum itself, so the teaching backlog will adapt in response to students feedbacks.
Online we will use electronic tools like:
- Strong preference & recommendation: Zoom for its great multi-video experience with breakout rooms
- Whiteboarding: Miro or Mural
- Collaborative writing: Google Slides, Docs or spreadsheet
If you have an account on these tools its great, if not please take some time to see this tools and get familiar.
The target audience for the DevOps Foundation course includes Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals such as:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment
The following IT roles: Automation Architects, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, Integration Specialists, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Testers/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers.
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience are recommended.
It is recommended that candidates complete the DevOps Foundation course from an accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner