Kanban Maturity Model – (KMM ®)
Kanban Maturity Model (KMM ®)
What will you receive:
- High-quality training with Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) Hugo Lourenço
- Oficial online training materials (PDF)
- Training certificate by Kanban University recognizing participation in the class
- Full kit KMM posters
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
Participants will receive a certificate of completion for the Kanban Maturity Model course. Students completing this and the Kanban Coaching course, who are also Kanban Management Professionals (KMP) are eligible to take the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential exam. The KCP is an advanced-level credential. Effective June 1, 2023, credential candidates must successfully pass the Kanban Coaching Professional exam with a 75% passing score.
Kanban Coaching Professional Credential (KCP) Credential from Kanban University®
To achieve the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential, the following course requirements must be met:
- Kanban Management Professional (KSD + KSI)
Kanban Coaching Practices
The KCP is an internationally recognized credential in the Kanban Method awarded by Kanban University.
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Take the Kanban Maturity Model training to evolve organizational maturity and successfully deliver business agility, faster, and at less cost. The Kanban Maturity Model codifies more than 10 years of experience implementing Kanban across diverse industries, in businesses small to extremely large. It plays an important role in creating unity, alignment, a sense of purpose, and good governance. Use it to gain a better sense of achievement, delight your customers, and realize superior business results.
The Kanban Maturity Model maps typical Kanban practices as well as cultural values against 7 organizational maturity levels. This becomes a powerful tool for coaches and consultants leading Kanban initiatives and helping businesses improve their agility.
KMM provides a proven road-map of guidance on recommended practices to meet improvement goals. This road-map helps eliminate two common failure modes in Kanban and Agile implementations: overreaching causing an aborted start; and false summit plateaus that fail to realize the full benefit.
- Understanding KMM levels
- KMM Architecture
- KMM and other models and methods: Lean/TPS, CMMI, Real World Risk Model
- Evolving organizational culture with KMM
- Fit-for-purpose organization
- Developing Organizational Agility
- Risk Management practices
- Developing an anti-fragile organization
- How to use KMM as a Kanban coach, Change agent, or Project Manager
- Wrap Up
At the end of the course the student will be able to do the following:
- Determine the maturity level of the organization they work with in terms of observable behaviors, management practices, and business outcome
- Define the right approach to lead the organization to the next level
- Determine and appropriately implement the Kanban practices that will help the organization deliver better on customer expectations and internal objectives.
- Integrate the KMM with other models and methods such as Lean/TPS, CMMI, and Real-World Risk Model.
Main topics of the course
- Organizational maturity levels defined in terms of behavioral patterns, depth of Kanban practices, and business outcome
- Kanban maturity model architecture
- Evolving a fit-for-purpose organization
- Cultural values and leadership styles which enable the evolution of organizational agility
- Two failure modes of Kanban implementations, aborted start and false summit plateaus, and means to avoid them.
- Mapping between KMM and other models and methods such as Lean/TPS, Real World Risk Model, and CMMI.
- Advanced Kanban practices for managing services and projects
The course is designated for Kanban coaches, Agile practitioners, transformation initiative leaders, business managers, project and service managers, and team leaders who wish to obtain deeper knowledge on the following topics:
- how to develop further their organizational agility
- appropriate practices that allow delivering on customer expectations
- how to achieve predictable economic outcomes and financial robustness
- how to improve the predictability of their teams’ work and meet customer expectations.
- how to define a realistic roadmap for their organizations based on a profound understanding of their current situation, the characteristics of the organizational culture, and the defined purpose.
- what leadership focus and actions are necessary to enable successful improvement.
To achieve the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential, students must have the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential (for that you need to attend KSD and KSI training), and complete the Kanban Maturity Model (KMM) and Kanban Coaching Practices (KCP) training. Course participants are encouraged to have read the book Kanban Maturity Model by David J Anderson and Teodora Bozheva.
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.