DevOps Leader® (DOL)®
DevOps Leader (DOL)®
What will you receive:
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
- Preparation to successfully complete the DevOps Leader exam
- One exam voucher
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
- DevOps Leader (DOL) certification
- DevOps Leader Certified Badge
- The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute
- Valid for 2 years
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a DevOps evolution requires new skills, tools, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across an organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for DevOps ways of working through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Leader exam.
The learning objectives for DOL include a practical understanding of:
- DevOps and time to value
- Mindset and mental models
- Key differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Target operating models and organizational design
- Performance management, rewards and motivation
- Preparing investment cases
- Focusing on value outcomes
- Ideas for organizing workflows
- Empowerment and participation
- Defining meaningful metrics
- Value stream mapping
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a certified DevOps Leader (DOL). The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
Eligibility for Examination
Although there are no formal prerequisites for the exam, DevOps Institute highly recommends the following to prepare candidates for the exam leading to DevOps Leader certification:
- It is recommended that candidates complete at least 16 contact hours (instruction and labs) as part of a formal, approved training course delivered by an accredited Education Partner of DevOps Institute.
The DevOps Leader examination is accredited, managed and administered under the strict protocols and standards of DevOps Institute.
Level of Difficulty
The DevOps Leader certification uses the Bloom Taxonomy of Educational Objectives in the construction of both the content and the examination.
- The DevOps Leader exam contains Bloom 1 questions that test learners’ knowledge of DevOps concepts and vocabulary terms (see list below);
- The exam also contains Bloom 2 questions that test learners’ comprehension of these concepts in context.
Format of the Examination
Candidates must achieve a passing score to gain the DevOps Leader® Certificate.
Exam Type | Multiple choice questions
Duration | 60 minutes
Prerequisites | It is recommended that candidates complete the DevOps Leader course from an accredited DevOps Institute Education Partner
Supervised | No
Open Book | Yes
Passing Score | 65%
Delivery | Web Based
Badge | DevOps Leader Certified
The target audience for the DevOps Leader course are professionals including:
- Anyone starting or leading a DevOps cultural transformation program
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Consultants
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Lean Coaches
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
Participants should have baseline knowledge and understanding of common DevOps definitions and principles.
Training Remotely | Guidelines for a Successful Experience
Congratulations on joining Agile Thinkers remote courses. We are committed to facilitating a pleasant and enriching experience for all our attendees.
That's is why it is critically important that we are clarifying how we're going to work together to be most effective. So, let's develop some working agreements and suggestions to encourage the type of team environment that we want to foster during our training sessions.
Before the training starts:
1. Inform your co-workers/colleagues what will be the time you're attending training, and you shouldn't' be interrupted;
2. Look for a comfortable and quiet place to set your training spot;
3. Reduce distractions, noises and background interference;
4. Test your internet signal and guarantee you have a good connection;
5. Please please take some time to explore the tools and how to login;
6. Visit the toilet 10m before the session starts;
7. Stay hydrated;
8. Bring a notebook and a pen with you;
9. Limit interruptions from family members;
10. Make sure you turn off Outlook, gmail, Slack, WhatsApp, Skype or other sources of interruption;
11. If you can, select flight mode on your phone;
12. Test your earphones.
1. While there are no questions, confirm you are mute;
2. Ask for help if you have any questions unmuting yourself or sending a message in chat;
3. Use Chat area to address the trainer some questions. As soon as possible, we will give feedback.
4. Respect the Time-boxes;
5. Be on time so you can deliver on time;
6. Don't accept calls while you're on training unless is extremely necessary and vital for you;
7. Please keep your camera on;
8. It's completely forbidden for students to record audio or video of any kind or take pictures from the sessions without written agreement;
9. For training. and quality assurance purpose of our staff, we can record video, audio and the chat of all sessions;
10. Have fun! Enjoy your course!
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.